Frequently Asked Questions
In order to make the loan process as easy and fast as possible, we have detailed below the answers to the most common questions we have received from previous customers.
- How do I apply for a loan ?
- How fast are loans processed ?
- How much can I borrow ?
- Who can apply for a loan ?
- How do I repay my loan ?
- Which supporting documents do I need ?
- What are the opening hours of Zawadi offices ?
- Who will have access to my personal information ?
- What is Zawadi PLUS member program ?
- What are the advantages of using a personal Login ? * New *
- How do I get a personal Login ? * New *
- How do I update my login with my new email address ? * New *
The procedure is extremely easy and consists of 3 simple steps:
Apply online through our easy to use and accessible online application system.
Receive quick approval through email to submit supporting documents
Collect your cheque
Your application will be processed same day that it’s received. If approved before 2pm, you will receive your cheque on the same day.
Any faster and we would beat the speed of sound!!
How much do you need? Your loan amount is based upon our assessment of your ability to pay back through the proposed installments. For InstaLoan, you should refund within 30 days; for ShuleChumz, you have up to three months to refund the loan.
You must satisfy at least the following requirements to receive a payday loan from Zawadi:
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be employed and receive a regular paycheque or salary through a bank account
- Must be a resident of Kenya
When collecting your loan cheque, you will simply drop post-dated cheque(s) covering the total amount for the installment(s).
First-time customers will be required to provide:
- Original and photocopy of latest 3 pay slips
- Original and photocopy of latest 3 months bank statements
- One latest colored passport photograph
- Copy of utility bill of where you stay, in borrower’s name
- Original and photocopy of National Identification card
- Original and photocopy of PIN
- Post-dated cheque to refund the total amount due
Our offices are open Monday to Friday, from 9:00am to 5:00pm, excluding national holidays.
However, you only need to come to our office to collect your cheque, you can apply on-line any time!
Any personal information will be used by Zawadi Kenya exclusively, for credit review purposes only. This information will not be disclosed to anyone.
We commit to keep our customer data private and confidential.
Zawadi PLUS member program is a reward scheme for our most loyal customers.
Zawadi PLUS members can benefit from discounts on loan transactions and special services like delivery of the cheque at your door step amongst others.
For more details, please check our the Zawadi PLUS program section
Once you are logged into our system using your login and password, your personal information will be automatically displayed in the application form. No need to retype all the information, you just need to confirm that the data is still valid, that's all! Applying for a loan is even easier now!
You are now also able to see the details of the previous loans you have applied for. If you had forgotten the repayment date of your current, you can easily check on-line when the cheque will be banked. A great assistance to plan your finances!
As a Zawadi customer, you get a new login and password automatically as soon as you apply for a loan. The login is simply your email address, and your password is sent to that email address.
When your email address changes, you can update your login next time you apply for a loan. Simply log in using the old password -if you remember the password-, or fill in the form from scratch. Make sure that you update the 'email' field with your new address, and submit the request. Our records will automatically be updated with your new email address.